Monday, December 10, 2012

Sake Cups?

There has been some talk of having some Wednesday Fun Club activity focusing on sake and sushi.  Now speaking for myself, I don't much care for wine and one of the last things I will ever put in my mouth is raw fish but I really love Japanese pottery and the simplicity in the shapes so I'm all in!  I really didn't (and still don't) know much about sake cups so I dug around and found this on Euan Craig's blog.  Euan is a British potter living in Miniakami, Gunma, Japan making wood fired porcelain functional pottery.  Give yourself a treat and get lost on his page for a while.  There are some very good ideas to be found on there and on this link he shares the names of the different styles of sake cups and the types of sake they are intended for.  Study up and when the time comes for the big Sake/Sushi Bonanza Wednesday you may have a little more information to go on.
Euan The Potter: July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment